What is your Cyber Security Career Path?
At Intellectual Point, we are here to help you find the best career path for your future. There are many paths to take and each one brings different opportunities.
In order to get started, you need to build your Core Skills.
The recommended certifications are CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Cloud+, ITIL, and AI & Blockchain Fundamentals
Top Skills Required in Addition to the Certifications:
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Technical Aptitude
- Knowledge of Security Across Various Platforms
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Fundamental Computer Forensics Skills
- A Desire to Learn
- An Understanding of Hacking
Top Entry-Level Cyber Security Jobs
- Security Analyst/Manager
- Security Specialist
- Incident Responder
- Security Architect
- Security Auditor
- Forensic Expert
- Penetration Tester
- Security Engineer
- Source Code Auditor
Next, it is good to get Hands-On Cyber Security Skills.
There are many different pathways to select for this but it is good to have a solid knowledge of Cyber Security Skills to start with.
The recommended certifications are CEH, CHFI, CPENT, Splunk, Splunk Core Certified Power User, CompTIA CASP+, CompTIA CySA+, CompTIA PenTest+, Elastic Certified Engineer, UiPath Associate, UiPath Citizen, UiPath Advanced.
It is good to get hands-on experience and keep up with your skills in the cyber security landscape. Being able to practice in a simulated environment is a great way to make sure you understand how to apply your skills. Here are some great resources to start with.
- CertMaster Labs gives you practice with critical hands-on skills in a real virtual environment. Now when you purchase an eLearning Bundle from the CompTIA Store, CompTIA CertMaster Learn and CertMaster Labs are integrated to provide a seamless experience of both learning and hands-on practice.
- Hack the Box gives you the capability to compete against other cybersecurity teams from across the world, letting you learn from international practitioners.
- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is an in-depth resource for practicing cybersecurity which also provides great content on trending topics.
- NICCS offers a Cybercareer Pathways Tool, where you can pick different job roles and see how they overlap with other job roles. Each job role explains what it is, what tasks you’d be doing, and what type of knowledge is needed.
- Trend Micro focuses on the business aspect of cybersecurity and is an interactive tool. This resource goes beyond the technical aspects and helps cybersecurity pros learn how to make decisions.
- Juice Shop is a web app you can take apart and learn from as you disassemble.
- Try Hack Me is a learning tool for trying out different environments.
- bwapp is a web app that’s completely filled with bugs. It allows you to actually test and work with different bugs in a simulated environment.
Top Cyber Security Jobs
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Cyber Security Manager / Administrator
- Software Developer / Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Network Engineer / Architect
- Vulnerability Analyst / Penetration Tester
- Cyber Security Specialist / Technician
- Incident Analyst / Responder
Now you can figure out which specialized pathway you want to follow.
Networking & Programming Skills Pathway
The recommended certifications are CCNA, CCNP, DevOps, Python, CompTIA Linux+, and Red Hat.
Computer networking is a key element in every business. It is what connects devices and allows an organization to communicate. Are you ready to break into Networking? It is essential to learn the components of a network and how they work together.
There are several essential components in a network:
- Access Points
- IP Addresses
- Routers and Firewalls
- Network specialist
- Network technician
- Network administrator
- Network analyst
- Network manager
- Network engineer
- Network solutions architect
Cyber Security Management & Privacy Skills
The recommended certifications are CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CAP/RMF, CSM, PMP, CCISO, and CSPO.
Top skills for Information Security Manager Skills:
- Security tools expertise
- Security analysis
- Project management
- Incident response
- Data science and data analytics
- Soft skills
- Post-mortem deep forensics
Information Security Manager Jobs
- Cyber security analyst
- Network security manager
- Penetration tester
- Cyber security consultant
- System analyst
- Incident manager
- CyberOps manager
Cloud Computing Skills
The recommended certifications are AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect Associate, AWS SysOps Administrator Associate, AWS Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Security Specialty, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Solutions Architect, and CCSP.
The skills needed to manage cloud computing services fall into two buckets: The fundamentals that are an important part of everyday work and the more advanced skills that are part of larger IT projects and IT management.
- Platform Expertise
- Selecting the Right Services
- Managing an Integrated Environment
- Maintaining Databases
- Managing a Network
- Securing the Cloud Environment
- Adapting to new Roles and Technologies
- Migrating Data
- Automating Key Tasks
- Designing Distributed Systems
- Managing Change
- Estimating Cost and Workload
- Measuring and Analyzing
Cloud Computing Jobs
- Cloud Solution Architect
- Cloud Developer Engineer/ Cloud Software Engineer
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud System Engineer/ Administrator
- Cloud SysOps Administrator
- Cloud Product Manager
- Cloud Consultant
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Blockchain Skills
The recommended certifications are UiPath Associate, UiPath Citizen, UiPath Advanced, AI/ML, Certified Blockchain Business Foundations (CBBF), Certified Blockchain Developer – Ethereum (CBDE), CBP
Benefits of AI/ML and Blockchain:
- Enhancing security
- Managing the data market
- Optimizing energy consumption
- Automation in Manufacturing
- Food and Logistics
- Energy and utilities
AI / ML / Blockchain Jobs
- Blockchain developer
- Machine learning engineer
- Application sales executives
- Machine learning specialist
- Professional medical representative
- Data science specialist
- Assurance staff
- Sales Development Representative
- Machine learning researcher
- Data science manager
- Senior engineer blockchain
- Python engineer for blockchain platform
- Senior data scientist/machine learning engineer
Come learn with us! See our calendar and get started today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.