On October 1st, 2019 CompTIA will be retiring the Linux+ LX0-103 and LX0-104 exam
If you are in the process of taking the Linux+ LX0-103 and LX0-104 exams please be sure to take them ASAP! The exam will no longer be available after end-of-business on Monday, September 30th, 2019. Purchase your exam voucher and test at our office today!
The new CompTIA Linux+ is for the IT pro who will use Linux to manage everything from cars and smartphones to servers and supercomputers, as a vast number of enterprises use Linux in the cloud, cybersecurity, mobile and web administration applications.
In the new CompTIA Linux+, candidates are only required to pass one exam for certification. However, the new certification is no longer eligible for the LPI 2-for-1 offer.
- CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by hiring managers.
- Unlike other certifications, the new exam includes performance-based and multiple-choice questions to identify the employees who can do the job.
- The exam covers tasks associated with all major distributions of Linux, setting the foundation for advanced vendor/distro-specific knowledge.
CompTIA Linux+ Power by LPI will be available through October 1, 2019. CompTIA Linux+ covers common tasks in major distributions of Linux, including the Linux command line, basic maintenance, installing and configuring workstations, and networking.
Watch this Video from CompTIA about the changes
What’s on the new CompTIA Linux+ exam?
The new CompTIA Linux+ validates the competencies required of an early career IT professional supporting Linux systems.
In addition to topics traditionally associated with systems administration tasks, such as configuring, managing, operating and troubleshooting in a Linux environment, the new exam has an increased focus on the following areas:
- Kernel Modules
- Storage and virtualization
- Enterprise-level device management
- DevOps basics, through Git and automation
- Networking and firewalls, especially involving security issues
- Server-side and command line, for server management in a multi-server environment
- SELinux, with a focus on the implementation of this robust security system
Download the exam objectives to find out everything that’s covered.
Learn more about CompTIA Linux+