An influx of IT Jobs in Northern Virginia Means More Scholarships to Pay For Your Education
Alexandria and Arlington Residents Get an IT Scholarship Now
The growth in IT jobs means more help from state-sponsored scholarships like GOVA Tech Talent Pipeline. They are focused on growing tech talent and paying for the education of students for those who qualify. The program expires in September 2020 so act fast! A limited number of scholarships are available and the individual maximum grant is $3,500 per person. Intellectual Point offers many of these specific IT training for Virginia residents and offers a job placement service for students who pass the certification. The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are below:
- Must live in Virginia (priority is given to Alexandria City and Arlington County residents).
- Must be unemployed or underemployed.
- Proof of ability to legally work in the United States.
- Male United States citizens and male non-citizens who are legally living in the United States who were born after December 31, 1959, are required to show proof that they are registered with Selective Service.
- Proof of annual income.
- Must demonstrate interest and aptitude for Information Technology/Information Security occupations (priority given to candidates who have past Information
- Technology/Information Security education and/or experience).
Right now there are over 37,000 IT jobs available in Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. region. There is a huge skills gap in the region. According to the experts, Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. region is the next Silicon Valley of the East. This was reported by The Atlantic back in 2011 ‘The Silicon Valley of the East’ Is Washington, D.C. and in February 2019 by Washington Journal, Big tech is taking off in NoVa.
The types of IT training that students could enroll using Intellectual Point include:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certified Ethical Hacker (C/EH)
CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Other IT Training include:
GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
The program expires in September 2020 so act fast!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.