CompTIA Network+ Exam Updates for N10-008
Organizations and IT professionals face new network challenges and complexities as they navigate through increased security concerns, hybrid working environments, and the need for maximum performance and increased productivity. In today’s digital world, it’s more important than ever for organizations to trust that their networks are secure, uninterrupted, and flexible. Updates to Network+ reflect current skills related to network engineers and prepare professionals to work effectively and efficiently, supporting and optimizing today’s network environments.
CompTIA Network+ is updated to address many of the pressing issues organizations face today with their enterprise networks by validating foundational skills and competencies needed to maintain, deploy and troubleshoot essential networks necessary to support business objectives.
CompTIA Network+ is accredited by ANSI as meeting the ISO/IEC 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M/8140 requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
Why is it different?
- Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform. It provides the foundation you need to work on networks anywhere.
- CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network engineers need. Other certifications are so broad, they don’t cover the hands-on skills and precise knowledge needed to win today’s networking environments
About the new N10-008 exam
CompTIA Network+ N10-008 validates the skills required to implement enterprise-level wired and wireless network solutions; identify and troubleshoot network performance issues; and harden networks against threats to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
The major areas of emphasis include:
- IP addressing and connecting networks
- Wireless standards and technologies
- Network availability
- Securing and hardening networks
The CompTIA Network+ exam covers five major domains.
- Networking Fundamentals (24%)
- Network Implementations (19%)
- Network Operations (16%)
- Network Security (19%)
- Network Troubleshooting (22%)
What’s in this version?
The new CompTIA Network+ focuses on foundational networking tools and technologies used to create secure networks and guarantee the availability of critical business information.
New updates to the CompTIA Network+ exam domains:
- Network architecture appears on the exam for the first time, including software-defined networking, ensuring that candidates understand network integrations and the cutting-edge technologies being used in deployments.
- Emerging wireless standards and technologies are covered to allow businesses flexibility and maximal security when deploying networks.
- Because constant access to both internal networks and SaaS applications drives productivity, network performance monitoring and high availability are covered as separate objectives.
- Network security has been streamlined to focus on the critical aspects of hardening networks against malicious attacks and the secure execution of network deployments to protect against unintended data breaches.
Top Network+ Job Titles
- Junior Network Administrator
- Datacenter Support Technician
- Network Engineer
- System Administrator
- NOC Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
- Cable Technician
Networking Fundamentals 24%
Networking Implementations 19%
Network Operations 16%
Network Security 19%
Network Troubleshooting 22%
Research and Statistics
- Average Salary: $75,668
- Annual Job Postings: 150,000+
- Expected Job Growth: 9%
Organizations that trust CompTIA Network+
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Department of Defense