Are you looking to take your cybersecurity career to the next level but you aren’t sure where to turn next? Maybe you have taken all the entry-level certifications and now you’re wondering where to go from here. If you’re looking to break into management in the cybersecurity field the CompTIA CySA+ certification is probably the right move for you. Let’s take a look.
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats. According to CompTIA, CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with performance-based questions covering security analytics, intrusion detection and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing center, like Intellectual Point’s state-of-the-art facility, in a highly secure environment. CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
Skills You Learn:
When you take the CompTIA CySA+ course with one of our expert instructors, you will learn a variety of applicable skills to help you further your cybersecurity career. Here are just a few:
- Threat Management: Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools, analyzing results and implementing the recommended response.
- Vulnerability Management: Implement a vulnerability management process and analyze the results of the scan.
- Security architecture and toolsets: Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend implementation strategy while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Cyber-Incident response: Distinguish threat data to determine the incident impact and prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools, communication strategy, and best practices as a response.
CompTIA CySA+ Careers:
Seasoned IT professionals often come to us at Intellectual Point because they are looking to make the next move in their tech career. The tech industry is ever-growing and experienced cybersecurity professionals can expect to make on average over $120,000 annually. So what kind of job titles can a CompTIA CySA+ professional expect to hold? Here are just a few:
- IT Security Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Operations Center Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Security Engineer
The CompTIA CySA+ is a 165-minute exam that includes both multiple-choice and performance-based questions. Performance-based questions test your ability to solve a problem in a simulated situation that an IT professional would expect to see on the job. So how you can prepare to succeed on the CompTIA CySA+ certification exam? The first step is taking Intellectual Point’s CompTIA CySA+ course. We offer this course frequently at times and locations convenient to D.C. Metro area students.
Are you ready to kick start your IT career? Turn to Intellectual Point for courses and certifications in over 50 topics. Visit intellectualpoint.com or call 703.554.3827 for more details.