Technical Content Creator/ Test Item Writer
Do you love English language and appreciate the written word? Does helping students and professionals prove their knowledge or getting certified feel like fulfilling work? Are you a subject matter expert in IT & Cyber Security and are comfortable working independently but contributing to the success of a team? Do you like to write and have some experience in education, tutoring, or IT training? Do you have an undergraduate or graduate degree in writing or journalism and want to transition to education? If you answered yes to all those questions, this job role in assessment writing might be right for you.
We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert Online Content Creator / Test Item Writer to help us write knowledge assessment test questions for certification tests as well as develop and implement our content strategy. You will either work with subject matter experts to gather the information you need, or you are a subject matter expert in your own right. Using learning standards and curriculum for standard certification exams such as CompTIA Security+, CySA+, AWS, CCNA, CEH etc., you will help us create original knowledge assessment questions and integrate them into existing learning management systems. For each test question you write, you will provide rationale and documentation support as validation and a detailed explanation. You will monitor and assess the outcomes of the published material to improve the subject matter content in our LMS and on our website. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills and possesses technical knowledge in IT & Cyber Security. This job includes writing not just test questions but also articles/blogs/publications based on our readers’ interests and thus developing valuable content for our audience.
- Developing, writing and evaluating sample exam questions for tests such as CompTIA Security+, CySA+, Linux+, CASP+, CEH, AWS, CCNA and others.
- Create effective digital content, test items and practice test questions aligned with our content strategy.
- Keep our website visitors informed by regularly posting fresh and engaging material, videos and blogs.
- Research, Collect and analyze data and use the results to improve our online content.
- Create educational and entertaining video training content, marketing content including webinars, game shows, YouTube pieces for building a professional social media presence.
- Define topics by keeping track of published stories and noting subjects that generate the most web traffic.
- Keep up to date with the industry trends and news to adjust the messages to our audience accordingly.
- Edit the created content before posting it to ensure consistency and high-quality.
- Experience with IT concepts, cyber security concepts and technical writing.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and cyber defense, focusing on fundamental IT knowledge and SOC operations.
- Experience in editorial positions for websites and technical articles.
- Experience in generating and editing online content.
- Experience working with social media and blogging is an advantage.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms, SEO, and HTML.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or an editorial background is preferred.
- Strong English reading and writing skills.
- Experience with communicating with audiences using written materials.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and cyber operations and emerging trends.
- Ability to write original, realistic, clear sentence stems, answers, and distractors covering various topics.
- You need to enjoy writing and find satisfaction in crafting clear sentences and challenging questions.
- Writing and editing skills and a willingness to learn how to structure questions to support learners.
- Industry certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CySA+, CEH, CCNA, CISSP preferred.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and capable of functioning effectively in a professional work setting.
Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure. Excellent organizational skills managing multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner. Enthusiastic, creative, and capable of functioning effectively in a professional work setting with various levels of staff and/or from diverse backgrounds. The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills and possesses technical knowledge in IT & Cyber Security. This job includes writing not just test questions but also articles/blogs/publications based on our readers’ interests and thus developing valuable content for our audience. Ability to be flexible, versatile, open-minded, and tolerant in a changing work environment. Able to deal tactfully and courteously with Veteran and military service personnel. Able to work independently and collaboratively. Capable of working in a performance-based system driven to meet targets and outcomes.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – eligible within 90 days after date of hire.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and eight paid federal holidays
- Access to free training and classes after 90 days of employment.
- Salary range: $50,000-$80,000, based on experience.
How To Apply:
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please attach some of your writing samples such as test items, professionally published articles, blogs etc. that will demonstrate your writing ability.