Veteran Placement Specialist at Intellectual Point
Intellectual Point is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Veteran Placement Specialist to join our Job Placement team. This position offers long-term career growth with an established leader in the corporate training space. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a forward-thinking technical and sales organization that is focused on building new technical capabilities and driving new business and establishing solid relationships within our existing accounts. The Job Placement Specialist will work closely with students to seek employment opportunities that align with their program of study to achieve their professional goals. This position will specialize in increasing the veteran’s success metrics in relation to student job placement.
- Interview and evaluate veterans and job seekers to connect them with meaningful employment, job placement and internship opportunities.
- Conduct one-on-one and group screenings with veterans for job and training opportunities across the various pathways such as DevOps, Cyber Warrior, Cloud Architect, System Admin, Network Admin and Help Desk.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing personal contacts with a variety of businesses, local chambers, workforce partners, and other industry representatives to promote the value of training and employing students/alum who have been educated through Intellectual Point.
- Generate cutting-edge job leads and market intelligence that align with Intellectual Point Veteran VET TEC and other programs and labor market trends.
- Analyze and interpret current and emerging labor market research to proactively seek and connect with business leaders and potential workforce partners to promote the high-quality, industry-ready certified veteran workforce available from Intellectual Point.
- Collect data from potential employers regarding their talent acquisition needs. Compile detailed job responsibilities and required knowledge/skills/experience being sought.
- Upload and maintain current job opportunities on an online job posting system. Remove closed opportunities in a timely manner.
- Match employment opportunities/job orders with well-matched student and veteran applicants.
- Develop, grow, and maintain new and ongoing workforce partnerships using a variety of communication strategies (including direct cold calls and LinkedIn) to gain partnerships and alliances with staffing companies, federal system integrators and government agencies.
- Maintain constant outreach to the veterans and keep accurate job placement and tracking records. Collect meaningful employment offer letter from the veterans that are placed and ensure you collect the completed meaningful employment form from the veterans in a timely manner.
- Assist veterans and students in the use of resources and technology for job search activities. Provide any necessary follow-up and/or periodic check-ins with students who have been placed into jobs to ensure engagement and persistence.
- Provide on-the-ground and virtual outreach to community partners for targeted sourcing and recruitment events.
- Host virtual and in-person veteran-focused recruitment events and manage screening and interviews. Track effectiveness of recruitment strategies.
- Work collaboratively with various on-campus training resource programs. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in business administration, public administration, educational administration, student services administration, adult education, or closely related field AND two years of full-time, paid professional-level experience in related duties and responsibilities.
Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure. Excellent organizational skills managing multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner. Enthusiastic, creative, and capable of functioning effectively in a professional work setting with various levels of staff and/or from diverse backgrounds. Ability to be flexible, versatile, open-minded, and tolerant in a changing work environment. Able to deal tactfully and courteously with Veteran and military service personnel. Able to work independently and collaboratively. Capable of working in a performance-based system driven to meet targets and outcomes.
- Attractive base pay
- Attractive Health Benefits + Vacation
- Performance-based perks
How To Apply:
- Please send your CV, a cover letter when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org